• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnhenry

Exterior Boot Trim Options

johnhenry

Evening all,

Ive finally got my 205 home, and have started stripping it down (slowly) and have already found a broken part.

The exterior boot trim; where the 'peugeot, 205, GTI ' badges are stuck on has split in 2 and Im after a replacement. Im after a type of trim that is red, like the light clusters, with 'PEUGEOT' written on it.

i cant find a photo online, but im hoping you guys will know what im on about.

It essentially connects the light clusters with a red panel.

I cant see them anywhere, but if anyone can point me in the direction of one, i dont know if there are any N/O/S places for stuff like that?

Cheers

John

ORB

You have little chance at a 'new old stock' item, I have not seen one new for years!

What you are referring to is what is known as a Reflective Boot Trim. They command good money for a good condition one, from 50 quid up.

Ones that say just Peugeot are not as desirable as ones that say 205 GTI.

Henry Yorke

There are a few types as has been said. There are Peugeot 205 ones,Peugeot 205 GTI ones and a Hella one which has grooves so you can put the rear badges back on it. Late model cars did away with the slatted panel and ground off the 4 studs that held it on and put stickers over them. You could always take yours off, remove the studs T Cut it and put the badges over where the studs are, like the 205 STDT has.

not the best pic...

P1140038.jpg

johnhenry

reflective boot panel! thats the thing. im not sure whether it would be nice to look at, so ill have a look round here for photo's see if anyones got one on a graphite grey gti

you guys know of anyone with that setup? or anyone who is thinkin of selling one?

i do like the idea of getting rid of the grooved panel though, mines on its way out for sure.

cheers

john

Richie

They sometimes pop up on ebay and fetch rather alot of money for what they are. Worth keeping an eye out, maybe try the french ebay too. They are pretty rare these days.

j_turnell

I've got a gti reflective panel that i would be willing to part with if your after one.

cheers, James

johnhenry

Thanks everyone,

i would be interested in seing how it looks for sure! im still toying with the idea of it, but i would be interested none the less! is there any chance you could email me some pictures please?

Cheers

John