• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
HERMAN

Gti6 Rear Arms

danny56712

If you use 205 arms with 306 stubs you will need 306 hubs and spacers and 306 disc. This will give you and extra 5mm track on each side but standard 205 geometry. The longer 306 stubs are because the hubs have an abs ring on the back. I would say that the 306 arm is 1.5 mm wider between were the stub Axel locates and the hub spacer locates. So to answer your question the 306 parts on the 205 arm should be fine just check that the hub nut does nut bottom out before it is fully tight.

Neil

Thanks Neil.

Perfect answer I needed! Yes bottoming out is the danger I see exactly what you mean but may be an easy way of changing 1.6 beams to 1.9 without opening beams :)

205_sunderland

It's only the ABS discs that are different as already said, but some still seem tpo be confusing themselves!

Simplest option is to use the complete 306 arms, the only thing that isn't 205 compatible will be the discs, so get some (cheaper than 205) ZX/306 ABS items. Job done!

so if your building an axle, use full gti6 arms hubs, calipers etc and it will all mate with 205 beam perfect except you need to fit abs 306 disks even if your car is not running abs? is this right as its what im doing with me axle build soon as that makes no sence to me unless im just being retarded haha

Edited by 205_sunderland

welshpug

all 306 discs are the same on the rear.

205_sunderland

It's only the ABS discs that are different as already said, but some still seem tpo be confusing themselves!

Simplest option is to use the complete 306 arms, the only thing that isn't 205 compatible will be the discs, so get some (cheaper than 205) ZX/306 ABS items. Job done!

so what does this post mean, you have to use ABS disks instead of normal ones to run on ya 205?

chipstick

Rather than start a new thread I am going to bring this one back up.

I have a full 306 beam, is it a case of swapping everything over except the tube and torsion bars themselves due to the length?

It's a shame they don't just bolt on :lol:

Anthony

I have a full 306 beam, is it a case of swapping everything over except the tube and torsion bars themselves due to the length?

It's a shame they don't just bolt on :lol:

• The trailing arms are a direct fit onto a 205/309 beam, you just need to use the matching 306 disks due to the hub offset.
  • The rear calipers are a direct fit, but best swapping them in pairs as original GTi-6 used a 32mm piston rather than the 30mm piston of 205/309
  • The trailing arm shafts themselves are the same.
  • The tube is completely different fitment and too wide.
  • The ARB is too long, but can be shortened and either welded or resplined. You'll need to use the 306 endplates.
  • The torsion bars are too wide, and no enough material on them to shorten and respline.

Hope that clears things up :)

chipstick

Excellent info as always Anthony.

Many thanks for that.

j_turnell

Quick question, I'm running 7j wheels with the 309 beam and 306 arms. Can you run 205 hubs on the 306 stubs, just use a washer on the front to help reduce the track width? Or will I have to get 205 stubs, and swap the lot.

welshpug

not sure how much longer the 306 stub is, but if you fit the 205 hub and washer on there you may need a washer on the front to allow the nut to tighten down, and the dust cap may not fit depending on what the difference in length is, track would then be 205/309 width though.

I think its about 9 or 10mm so depends how much clearance there is to the dust cap.