• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
HERMAN

Gti6 Rear Arms

HERMAN

Just started to put my GTI6 arms together. Gti6 arms with 205 1.9 stub axles and hubs, only the stub axles are not fully through the hub nuts (About to 1 thread). I have the hub nuts very tight. After a quick measure up I have found that the GTI6 arms are 1.5MM thicker between were the stub Axel seats and were the hub washer sits. The gti6 stub axles are approximately 5 mm longer and the hubs are deeper.

So Should I have just kept the arms with GTI6 stub axles and hubs or use the 205 ones? I need to sort this asap as I am mechanising at Brands next weekend and got a track day on the following Monday.

Cheers

Neil

Edited by HERMAN

Tom Fenton

The easiest way is to use all the 306 stuff, so stub axles, bearings, and discs. It all then goes straight on. I have to say I'm suprised the 205 1900 stuff doesn't fit, are you sure you have the right spacer behind the bearing, as they are different between 205 and 306 stuff.

HERMAN

Yes Tom I have checked the washer. I think your right I will have go with 306 bits. May be it will give me a slightly wider track also.

Cheers

Neil

Tom Fenton

You do gain a little track width which isn't a bad thing in most cases. The 306 discs are cheaper than 205 ones anyhow, so that is a bonus!

Paul_13

You do gain a little track width which isn't a bad thing in most cases. The 306 discs are cheaper than 205 ones anyhow, so that is a bonus!

I gained a bit on mine.

Use all 306 bits as Tom says, works fine.

Didn't know the discs were different? Only thought it was Xsaras that were different

Or is it because the 205 is older and 'rarer' in the eyes of motorfactors? and the 306 newer and more common?

Tom Fenton

The offset is different on the 306/Xsara discs compared to the 205/309.

As the 306 is still a very common sight it is no suprise that the discs for this are cheaper due to higher demand.

SurGie

Compared to the 205/309.

Does that list also include the ZX arms ?

HERMAN

Thanks guys I will get it swapped over to 306 bits and order some disc later. I am going to need another stub axe thought . Do I use the 306 caliper bracket and will 205 caliper?

Do you know if all disc braked 306's use the same stub axels?

Cheers

Neil

Edited by HERMAN

edbar

use your 205 caliper, should fit no problem,Think i used 205 rear discs ? Cant honestly remember now, definately used 205 calipers. Good upgrade neil, youve seen it in action on mine!

Baz

Does that list also include the ZX arms ?

If they have ABS yes, as this is what determines the difference in disc offset.

Paul_13

Is the offset a massive difference between 205 gti disc and 306 gti6 discs?

I've just checked mine and the outer pad is wearing quicker than the inner.

Would the 205 caliper fit on 205 discs, with 306 trailing arms and pins?

The caliper does seem to be dragged to one side.

Sorry for the hijacking pointless starting a new thread.

Daviewonder

The 205 caliper is exactly the same as the 306 one apart from the piston size - 30mm - 32mm.

Paul_13

I knew that, was wondering about the disc offsets mainly.

HERMAN

Right I have got my head around this now but I need a 306 git6 stub axel and 306 rear hub. Peugeot say that the rear stub axel only comes with an arm. Any body got any?

cheers

Neil

Daviewonder

Why noy use all the 205 bits with the bare 306 arm?

HERMAN

Why noy use all the 205 bits with the bare 306 arm?

Tryed that but the stub axel does not stick out enough couple of mm short and the nut is not fully on.

HERMAN

All sorted and fitted now used 306 gti6 arms, 306 stub axles, 306 hubs and 306 disc's. Just for reference the hub and disk sits 5mm further out than the 205 set up. This is why the 306 disc's are different. 306 disc's have an extra 5 mm offset.

A big thanks to Sorrento Mark for coming up the spare hub and stub axle I needed and getting it to me quickly.

I am very happy with the results the rear end feels more stable now.

Cheers

Neil

rallyeash

any idea on the width gained? persume your still on a 205 beam?

HERMAN

Yes I believe 5MM per side.

brumster

Funny you mention this; had the washers machined out so they go over the 205 pins myself. It's one option if you don't want to go entirely 306 bits....

danny56712

I am still confused, if i use 205 arms and gti6 stubs, hubs brakes will i just have an extra long stub sticking out?

HERMAN

I am still confused, if i use 205 arms and gti6 stubs, hubs brakes will i just have an extra long stub sticking out?

If you use 205 arms with 306 stubs you will need 306 hubs and spacers and 306 disc. This will give you and extra 5mm track on each side but standard 205 geometry. The longer 306 stubs are because the hubs have an abs ring on the back. I would say that the 306 arm is 1.5 mm wider between were the stub Axel locates and the hub spacer locates. So to answer your question the 306 parts on the 205 arm should be fine just check that the hub nut does nut bottom out before it is fully tight.

Neil

rallyeash

this mod sounds pretty good, ive got a 1900 beam on my 205 rallye with 23mm tb's and 24mm arb, a 309 beams to wide for the base model but wouldnt mind a touch wider track than the 1900 beam.:)

Baz

It's only the ABS discs that are different as already said, but some still seem tpo be confusing themselves!

Simplest option is to use the complete 306 arms, the only thing that isn't 205 compatible will be the discs, so get some (cheaper than 205) ZX/306 ABS items. Job done!

SurGie

So is it possible to fit 205 rear bearings, 205 disks onto ZX ABS arms ?

I assume it will all fit fine.