• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stef205

After Some Beam Advise

stef205

hi all ive just got a 309 gti tube and partner/berlingo 21.3mm torsion bars, cut down gti6 arb and end plates, all new bearings everything from a mate who works at a axle place, i have some gti6 arms that i intended to use but i have a concern that they will give to much tyre wear as they give negitive camber, Are the gti6 arms the best to use or should i just stick with standard arms and be safe? the car gets used for abit of both track and road. any advise would be lovely thanks

welshpug

they hardly give any more camber than 205 arms if at all, I doubt you will notice it in the tyre wear.

beware that if you use the 306 hubs you'll need to use the 306 discs, and be careful not to run it too low as the wheels will be even closer to the arches.

stef205

they hardly give any more camber than 205 arms if at all, I doubt you will notice it in the tyre wear.

beware that if you use the 306 hubs you'll need to use the 306 discs, and be careful not to run it too low as the wheels will be even closer to the arches.

I thought that the 306 discs were the same to saxo/205/306 on the rears? im using 306 rear hubs on the back at the mo

JoshGti

I think its because of the gti6 having abs maybe? Pushing the wheel further out, needting different offset discs to work with the calipers, i think the stub axles are a different length too so if you change to 205 hubs you will need to change the stub axles also

stef205

I think its because of the gti6 having abs maybe? Pushing the wheel further out, needting different offset discs to work with the calipers, i think the stub axles are a different length too so if you change to 205 hubs you will need to change the stub axles also

My rear disc set up came from a gti6 stub axles etc i just banged the abs rings off the hubs.