• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
monkee87

Pas Help.

monkee87

Right, so I've retro fitted PAS to my car. Problem is I have no idea where the pipes route. Especially the metal ones that attach to the rack.. I don't have the cooler loop. The resivioir is in the normal place behind the headlight.

So if anyone can tell me if they go behind the rack, over the exhaust manifold etc etc that be a great help. :) also, which pipe goes to which attachment on the rack. One pipe is from the pump, the other from the bottle.

Thanks.

Edited by monkee87

Anthony

The pipes only fit one way around on the rack as the unions are different sizes from memory

Regarding routing, the high pressure pipe* routes around the back of the rack/subframe, comes up in front of the passenger side bulkhead near the clutch cable, across the top of the gearbox, and around the front of the block. The PAS reservoir either goes behind the drivers headlight (if you're running standard airbox) or alongside the battery (if you're running an induction kit) and once you know where that is, routing the low pressure pipework should be straightforward enough.

Main thing is to make sure that the pipes are routed away from anything that they would get caught or rub on, and that they're clipped into the various clips to reduce the risk of vibration failure or the pipes moving around - the high pressure pipe runs at significant pressure and makes a mess if it bursts! The high-pressure pipe is a bit of a sod to install if you've an otherwise finished engine bay owing to the length and shape of the rigid sections of pipe, but easy enough if it's just a bare engine installed.

* - assuming it's the original high pressure pipes that is mostly solid pipe with a shortish length of flexi hose. I've had a replacement high pressure pipe that came fitted on one of my previous 205's that was mostly flexi hose and not solid pipe, and that had been installed so that it ran over the manifold, although I didn't like the way that was done.

monkee87

I think I've got the high pressure pipe in the right place. I realised they only go one way when I looked at them. :rolleyes:

I have no clips or anything to my knowledge. So I'll have to find a solution to that. Does the low pressure pipe also run behind the rack along the subframe?

smithy

My low pressure pipe runs along top of rack and used to go to cooler loop,I got rid of cooler and connected the low pressure directly to resavoir return round back of battery.

JoshGti

Does that help at all monkee?

My link

monkee87

Cheers guys, all sorted now. :)

High pressure pipe is per normal, and the low pressure one runs by the clutch cable and then up behind the battery. Seems fine, but the low pressure one is a tad too long, so I may trim it down.