• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daviewonder

Original Pin Stripe..

Daviewonder

Hi Guys

Been wanting to do this for a while as I've always been a fan. I'm looking at putting some pinstripes on my cherry red GTI to give it a bit more of a retro look. Does anyone have any pictures please as I know there were several different styles and I want to see what looks best.

Cheers, Dave.

monkee87

The only ones I've seen are the ones that follow the bends on the wing door and around the quarter windows. Had them in red on my old Miami. :)

jonnygoodhand

My Dad's had these on from new:

07.jpg

04.jpg

Strictly_Derv

2010_11192007january0011.jpg

quite hard to see but mine when I got it came with red and black stripes, wish I left them on now

been looking at buying some pin stripes of ebay and re-doing them

jonnygoodhand

And here's some on my XS:

fin_3.jpg

Difficult to make out, but the stripe itself is about 4mm black, 4mm space and 2mm red

decals.jpg

dch1950

sweet.B)

Strictly_Derv

^^ exactly like my Dturbo minus the XS sticker, where'd you get the stripes from? I want some now..

allye

^^ exactly like my Dturbo minus the XS sticker, where'd you get the stripes from? I want some now..

I imagine mr goodhand 'just made them up one afternoon' :lol: He's rather good like that.

jonnygoodhand

I imagine mr goodhand 'just made them up one afternoon' :lol: He's rather good like that.

:blush: I did, but too be honest, they're not perfect. They're cut by hand from just a piece of coloured vinyl. Therefore, the depth of the stripe varies in places.

Halfords used to do a range of different pinstripes, so you may have better luck going through their catalogue.

EDIT: This'd probably be better (if they did the correct colour) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/250276018942

Edited by jonnygoodhand

Flozman

I do stickers and vinyl's for a living, if anyone wants something made let me know.

pugpete1108

check my reshel thread, the graphite shell i got has red pinstripes.

i dont like em so they are coming off