• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gwpug

Rear Brakes

gwpug

Hello guys, i am looking for some advice on brake discs.

I am in the process of replacing my brake lines and an overhaul of the rear calipers too, so i will be fitting new brakes to the rear of the car. I was wondering if there is any advantage to fitting oe Brembo replacement discs as opposed to Apec or other motor factor parts. The pads i am thinking of fitting where standard ferrodo/brembo pads. I have tarox F2000 discs and ferrodo dc2500 pads on the front.

Would there be much point in fitting uprated discs/pads to the rear, as the rear does so little braking compared to the front?

Also I have been trying to track down some brake compensators with no luck, as my local pug dealer says he cannot source them as they are on back order and there is no date of further production? Anyone know where i can find some?

Any help much appreciated, thanks guys!!!

Gethin

btw car is a 1.9

welshpug

GSF and any Bosch supplier can still do the brake compensators, as for the rear brakes, some o.e (as in peugeot/citroen boxed) pads on bog standard discs work well enough for most.

gwpug

Who are GSF? Is there a website for them? Tempted by the brembo parts as it works out about £20 cheaper then Apec parts!?!? and surley better quality?

rallysteve

Look on here:

http://www.brakeparts.co.uk/

search for 205 and click on hydraulic actuation. There is one for pre 91 and one for post 91 :)

Steve

gwpug

Awsome!!!! Will order a pair of those and i can stay in a straight line when braking :D

philfingers

depends on use. being in pembrokeshire it could well be a rally car you have(?), if so then hydraulic handbrake would benefit from something better, i have RS4-2 Pagids in mine and they're brilliant

gwpug

Car is used on the road and the odd track day. Was thinking of some pagid pads when the ferrodos are worn out, how are they from cold?