• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shalmaneser

Shall I Put Xsara Vts Springs On My 205 Vts?

shalmaneser

I'd like to raise the front end of my 205 a touch, as I'm convinced that the ride height is too low and the wishbones are at a funny angle. I'm running Eibach springs ATM and I'm also convinced that they're not particularly well suited to the rebuilt 309 rear beam. So I'd like to back off the front spring rate and raise the front a touch.

I've heard VTS springs work well with a VTS'd/gti6'd 205, but I'd like to hear from people who've actually done the swap/had experience themselves!

Cheers guys!

Edited by shalmaneser

Tesstuff

I have VTS springs on my 205, they perform really well and it does raise it nicely, but I think my engine weighs more than yours so it may be too high for you.

Masekwm

I thought mine looked like a 4x4 and swapped to Eibachs.

Anthony

Purple Koni springs would probably be ideal if you can find some - they sit about 15-20mm or so higher than Eibachs in my experience (ie about halfway between standard and Eibachs) so would probably be about right height-wise with a boat-anchor up front. I'll try and find a picture of my 205 that has them fitted to give you an idea - which has a 309 beam too and works well :)

shalmaneser

Purple Koni springs would probably be ideal if you can find some - they sit about 15-20mm or so higher than Eibachs in my experience (ie about halfway between standard and Eibachs) so would probably be about right height-wise with a boat-anchor up front. I'll try and find a picture of my 205 that has them fitted to give you an idea - which has a 309 beam too and works well :)

These sound spot on, any idea on the approximate spring rate?

I thought mine looked like a 4x4 and swapped to Eibachs.

Was that with the gti6 lump?

Anthony

These sound spot on, any idea on the approximate spring rate?

Not sure on spring rate to be honest, but I'd hazard a guess that they're softer than VTS springs and around the same ballpark as other typical 205 lowering springs. Very unscientific, but they seemed firmer than Eibachs when compressing them when not fitted to a damper/car, but that might be down to the progressive nature of Eibachs

IMG_3135.sized.jpg

That's the springs fitted together with an 8v alloy block engine, so it'll probably sit a smidgen lower with a GTi-6 iron block up front.

shalmaneser

Not sure on spring rate to be honest, but I'd hazard a guess that they're softer than VTS springs and around the same ballpark as other typical 205 lowering springs. Very unscientific, but they seemed firmer than Eibachs when compressing them when not fitted to a damper/car, but that might be down to the progressive nature of Eibachs

IMG_3135.sized.jpg

That's the springs fitted together with an 8v alloy block engine, so it'll probably sit a smidgen lower with a GTi-6 iron block up front.

Might be worth a try - where did you get them from, are they just the generic koni lowering springs for the 205 gti?

Alastairh

Personally i am about to give a set of -40mm Xsara VTS springs a go. I've yet to try the STD Xsara ones in my 205 GTi6, but when the time comes!

I will drop you a pm shortly :)

Al

Anthony

Might be worth a try - where did you get them from, are they just the generic koni lowering springs for the 205 gti?

They're the standard purple coloured lowering springs that came with atleast some of the Koni Sport Adjustable suspension kits, but not sure if they're available separately. I know that some of the later kits had different springs that I believe sit lower and would probably be a bit low for what you're looking for.