• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
locosaki

14" Wheel And Bigger Brakes

locosaki

Anyone know if it's possible to fit 14" wheels over 266mm brakes ?

rallyeash

yep, 266mm s16 brakes etc fit under 14" wheels, i used to run them under my S2 rallye steel's. im now running Hi spec 4pots under my steelies also :ph34r:

Tom Fenton

Common opinion is that 14" wheels will clear 266mm brakes, but I can confirm that 1600 GTI 14" alloys (SMR type) will NOT fit over 306 XSI 266mm front brakes.

petert

I've fitted 306 HDi 266mm calipers under 14" wheels. I can't recall exactly, as it was a long time ago, but I think while the pads were new I had to use a 3mm wheel spacer. I also ground off any markings on the inside of the wheel. It was certainly close. Whether they were SMRs or Speedlines I can't recall.

post-2864-0-97013300-1306743242_thumb.jpg

dave205

Common opinion is that 14" wheels will clear 266mm brakes, but I can confirm that 1600 GTI 14" alloys (SMR type) will NOT fit over 306 XSI 266mm front brakes.

I posted a similair topic on here a while back, and was told similair, ans that 306 dturbo ate calipers would fit?

Im looking to get some brakes sorted in the next week or so, so if someone can confirm what will and won't fit for definate, i'd be very appreciative.