• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sport1901966

Rear Fog Bulb

sport1901966

It seems ridiculous but I'm really having trouble sourcing a new rear fog bulb. The one I took out the car has offset pins (120deg as opposed to 180) but I cant find a replacement in halfords, and after ages of searching have only just found one online - Style and Perf Link. The image below is taken from this link and shows what im looking for. I was hoping to find a standard number for it i.e. '382' or '380' which I keep getting told are the possible bulbs, but both have 180deg offsets.

PIC20.jpg

Can anyone help, this is crazy!

Geoff

Anthony

They're definitely available off the shelf from Hellfrauds - it's the one listed in the little book, and I'm pretty sure it should just be a normal 21W 12v bulb with opposite pins?

welshpug

servicebox says 6216 A4 LAMP 21W 12V-P21W

same as 4 of the ones used in a PH2 rear light cluster.

82p from a dealer!

sport1901966

servicebox says 6216 A4 LAMP 21W 12V-P21W

same as 4 of the ones used in a PH2 rear light cluster.

82p from a dealer!

This is the problem, all the references I've found (e.g. halfords/autobulbsdirect) would agree with you but that part number is for a bulb with pins 180deg to each other.

I have found a solution for now by filing off one of the pins in of a non-offset pin bulb, because the bulb holder is so tight fitting, it doesn't move around so the contact is fine.

This doesn't suit my desire to avoid bodging very well though!

sport1901966

They're definitely available off the shelf from Hellfrauds - it's the one listed in the little book, and I'm pretty sure it should just be a normal 21W 12v bulb with opposite pins?

It's definitely offset pinned, maybe someone has fitted a new holder sometime in the lifetime of the car, its the only logical explanation.

smithy

i have got a couple of old flasher bulbs where the orange has peeled off if they are any good to you? these have offset pins.

pm me your addy and i will post to you if you want them.

sport1901966

Thanks for the offer smithy but the problem seems to be solved for now. If I have any problems though I'll be in touch. Do you know what part number they are?

smithy

Thanks for the offer smithy but the problem seems to be solved for now. If I have any problems though I'll be in touch. Do you know what part number they are?

sorry no it is just the orange indicator bulbs with the orange peeled off,the orange bulbs have the offset pegs like what you need.

personally i have not seen a bulb like you have with offset pins other than indicators,my fog light is defo standard pegs.

STEVEBOXER

Hi,i had this trouble.

Removed reversing light bulb and it was opposite,went to Halfrauds and there book says 830 or was it 832(one has 2 elements)but they dont seem to fit to well and looking at the holder it looks like a offset bulb would be better but couldnt find any!

Hmmm so are we saying defo opposite then?

The other thing was both my cables that plug into reverseing light and fog light were full of water,is this common???

tomcolinjones

OVLOV's tend to have these 'ofset' lugs on the bulbs... try lookng up a volvo brake light bulb, like a V40 or something?

S@m

There never was a offset single element bulb fitted to a PSA car aside from the orange one listed above (6216A0). The only other offset bulb is a twin element one, part number 6216E1. All i can imagine is that somehow you have an indicator bulb holder fitted in your foglight!!

Sam

sport1901966

Sam306 you could well be right. Who knows why people do these weird and (not so) wonderful things!