• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mattg

Front Bumper Mounting

mattg

Hi all,

I've had a good search but can't find anything. I'm trying to fit the front bumper on my GTI. I've got new bumper sliders for the sides but can't for the life of me get it to fit properly. I assume the bumper bars which are under the arch come through the hole in the front wing with the rubber bits on the end? Has anyone got an underarch shot of where the bracket fits onto the bumper.

The front two brackets fit easily it's just the side ones that are giving me a hard time!

Thanks in advance,

Matt

smithy

mine has the slider bolted through rubber block and wing and then through the brace inside the arch with a nut and washer on.

the bolt through bumper then secures through the bracket if memory serves me correctly.

are you able to post a picture to help understand the problem you having better?

mattg

Thanks Smithy, This is what I'm guessing it should be like but it just doesn't seem right somehow...

th_1d8683e5.jpg

and the slider fitted like this...

th_IMAG0900.jpg

Unfortunateley the car was in bits when I got it so I don't have a reference.

Edited by mattg

smithy

mine is slightly different to that as the slider is bolted to the wing with the rubber in between and then bumper is fitted to that,whether that makes a difference i dont know or even if that is correct.but it seems to fit fine.

monkee87

You put the bolt on the side after its fitted in place. The bolt should go through the slider and the rubber block then into the inner arch.

So you don't bolt the slider to the bumper before fitting it. :) it's weird I know, which is why mine are missing.. <_<

mattg

You put the bolt on the side after its fitted in place. The bolt should go through the slider and the rubber block then into the inner arch.

So you don't bolt the slider to the bumper before fitting it. :) it's weird I know, which is why mine are missing.. <_<

Ahaa, that's made it easier. Really odd to have a slider that doesn's slide though, hence my confusion.

Thanks for the suggestions chaps.