• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
PVFCpug

New Genuine Wings

PVFCpug

Have managed to get myself some genuine peugeot wings to replace my oe crap ones I fitted a couple of years back. Just wondering what is the best way to treat the inside face of them prior to fitting.

Would it be a good idea to take it back to bare metal to treat or leave the original coating on them and protect it on top of this?

Not after anything that looks good, just do not want it to rust again. Do also like the sound of the plastic liners does anyone do any that would be a snug fit around the arch?

SurGie

As they are new you are suppose to remove the coating and put fresh proper primer then paint if you want it done properly. Try not to leave them just primed as primer will absorb water from the air.

Tom Fenton

The E coat they come in is a reasonable base layer, you need to key it well as otherwise not much will stick. Then go over with proper underbody shultz.

dobbo26

I had the backs of mine painted before fitting them. Then plenty of waxoyl after the car was sprayed. I also put some behind the arch trims too,