• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
christopher

My Boot Side Panel Is Filling With Water (Rear Windowss?)

christopher

Every time it rains the well in the sides in the boot (covered on a GTI but visble on a base model) just fills with water. This happens even if the car is stationary. It can be a half a litre at a time. It gets wet under the rear seat to a bit. I'm sick of emptying the water out every day...

I've read some discussions on this kind of topic but no definative solution. I'm considering heating the seal in hot water and then trying to stretch it a bit but I have no idea if it will work. From the look of things it needs to give maybe 5cms.

Has anyone to use some kind of other new seal or to cut a piece from another and add it in somehow?

help help

christopher

Every time it rains the well in the sides in the boot (covered on a GTI but visble on a base model) just fills with water. This happens even if the car is stationary. It can be a half a litre at a time. It gets wet under the rear seat to a bit. I'm sick of emptying the water out every day...

I've read some discussions on this kind of topic but no definative solution. I'm considering heating the seal in hot water and then trying to stretch it a bit but I have no idea if it will work. From the look of things it needs to give maybe 5cms.

Has anyone to use some kind of other new seal or to cut a piece from another and add it in somehow?

help help

just a thought. has anyone tried to use a weatherstrip from say a door or another peugeot?

cRaig

There was a thread recently where someone cut the window seal, and glued in an extension piece from a scrap seal to increase the overall size of the seal to counteract the shrinkage. Without the search I cant find it easily on the google search, and I dont think they updated it with how successful it was, but it seemed like a sensible idea

Craig

rallyeash

drill some holes :ph34r::lol:

smithy

I had issues with water leaking in through quarter windows on mine because over time the seals shrink allowing water in.

I cut seal and pushed it fully in to corners so good tight seal and used an old piece of seal to fill in the inch gap.

If you want the seal I have left drop me a pm and I will send it to you.

smithy

Just a thought but have you checked the rear lights are sealed and the boot does not let water in?

Daviewonder

There was a thread recently where someone cut the window seal, and glued in an extension piece from a scrap seal to increase the overall size of the seal to counteract the shrinkage.

Clicky