• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gwpug

Compensator Part Numbers

gwpug

Hi guys.

I am replacing all the brake lines on my 1.9 gti and want to replace the compensators due to the rear brakes locking up too soon. I called in at my peugeot dealer yesterday for a price on the compensators, and all he could come up with on the computer was one costing £80. It only showed as needing one on the screen even though there are two on the car, but it showed two sort of weight sensing compensators?!?!? Is this for a different car perhaps? The part number of the valve type compensator (the one that looked correct) is: 486144. Can anyone confirm if this is the right number? I hope not as it's going to turn into an expensive job!! Any help much appreciated!

S@m

Hi guys.

I am replacing all the brake lines on my 1.9 gti and want to replace the compensators due to the rear brakes locking up too soon. I called in at my peugeot dealer yesterday for a price on the compensators, and all he could come up with on the computer was one costing £80. It only showed as needing one on the screen even though there are two on the car, but it showed two sort of weight sensing compensators?!?!? Is this for a different car perhaps? The part number of the valve type compensator (the one that looked correct) is: 486144. Can anyone confirm if this is the right number? I hope not as it's going to turn into an expensive job!! Any help much appreciated!

Well, 486144 is no longer available either way. Plus it states that its for injection models EXCEPT the 1.9 so it cannot be for your car. I think you need either 486145 (which is no longer available either) or 486149 (Which is available). Which you need depends on the prodcution number of your car. The reason i think you need this is that there are two of these, whereas the part 486144 is only one on any vehicle. Since 486149 is the only one available i've priced that and they £53.17+vat each.

Sam

gwpug

Thanks thats way more helpfull then my local peugeot parts man! The part that you have found, is this for a non abs model by the sounds of it? (mine is without abs by the way). Excellent help.

Thanks Gethin

S@m

Thanks thats way more helpfull then my local peugeot parts man! The part that you have found, is this for a non abs model by the sounds of it? (mine is without abs by the way). Excellent help.

Thanks Gethin

Well, luckily (or not), i am my local PSA parts man and its difficult to blame the others for being rubbish because our training is non existant, the only reason i know whats what (vaguely) is because i'm into the old cars. Anyway, 486149 is for ABS and non ABS according to servicebox. But there is no guarantee that its the right one, it depends on the production number of the car.

If you want to check out the parts just type the part number into the searchbox on servicebox and have a look for yourself and if you havent got an account sign up, its free and saves alot of peugeot parts desk hassle!

Sam

gwpug

I found the service box site very helpful thanks for the advice! I had a much more helpful chap today and i think that the part number is the correct one, but my local peugeot dealerships can't seem to get them or giv me a date as they are on back order, so could be months before they turn up! Do you know of anywhere else i can source these parts from?

Thanks Gethin

S@m

I found the service box site very helpful thanks for the advice! I had a much more helpful chap today and i think that the part number is the correct one, but my local peugeot dealerships can't seem to get them or giv me a date as they are on back order, so could be months before they turn up! Do you know of anywhere else i can source these parts from?

Thanks Gethin

Afraid not, can't even get them from citroen because they are peugeot specific. Ring around another dealer or two to check they really are back order though. Just give them the part number and ask to check availability. I can't do that because i'm at citroen!

Sam

gwpug

Will try and hunt some down! Thanks for your help though it has been excellent!!