• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alan_M

309 Wishbones

Alan_M

Just found the problem to the 'interesting' handling on my 205. The wishbones bushes are shagged on the passenger side.

As the car is my everyday vehicle I need a ready to fit wishbone (with new bushes of course). Motaquip don't list them in their catalogue anymore, so where do I get decent 309 wishbones from? Forum search is off-the-air for me!

Mikey S

Just found the problem to the 'interesting' handling on my 205. The wishbones bushes are shagged on the passenger side.

As the car is my everyday vehicle I need a ready to fit wishbone (with new bushes of course). Motaquip don't list them in their catalogue anymore, so where do I get decent 309 wishbones from? Forum search is off-the-air for me!

Eurocarparts list them for £87.60 each inclusive but they dont list what make they are. If im down there this week i'll have a word for you. :)

Anthony

If it would help Alan, I've got a spare set of 309 wishbones that you could replace the bushes on and then give me your old set back in return, providing that the balljoints are in atleast as good condition?

Alan_M

If it would help Alan, I've got a spare set of 309 wishbones that you could replace the bushes on and then give me your old set back in return, providing that the balljoints are in atleast as good condition?

Unfortunately, I won't know till I get them off. I know why the bush has given up though, I've an oil leak for a while now which splatters that front bush when driving. I can wiggle the wishbone when the cars parked! Hitting a bump mid-bend isn't for the faint hearted.... :blink:

I think those bones have been on for a few years now, so will be happier replacing with new. If the ones coming off are still tight, then I've some spares. Thanks for the offer though.

I've found 2 suppliers, BuyPartsBy who want £50+VAT per side and OnlineAutomotive who want £55+VAT for LH & £61+VAT for RH. Any experiences of these?

Oh, whats the number for the Pug bush kit? The one with all the bushes and nuts/bolts? And number for the hub pinch bolt & nut if you have them? :D

Anthony

Oh, whats the number for the Pug bush kit? The one with all the bushes and nuts/bolts? And number for the hub pinch bolt & nut if you have them? :D

Wishbone bush kit is 3599 07 = £26.89 inc VAT

Hub pinch bolt is 6923 96 = £1.02 inc VAT each **

Hub pinch nut is 3622 30 = £0.82 inc VAT each

** - this is showing as having been superceeded by part number 6921 91, which is significantly more expensive at £3.22 inc VAT

wishbonef.jpg

Alan_M

Wishbone bush kit is 3599 07 = £26.89 inc VAT

Hub pinch bolt is 6923 96 = £1.02 inc VAT each **

Hub pinch nut is 3622 30 = £0.82 inc VAT each

** - this is showing as having been superceeded by part number 6921 91, which is significantly more expensive at £3.22 inc VAT

I guess the bush kit covers both sides, so only needing one?

Noticed that on ServiceBox about the pinch bolts, but it says quantity of 1 and includes the nut part number. Maybe they sell them as a kit now?

Anthony

The bush kits that I've bought have covered both sides, despite Servicebox implying that it only contains one set of the bolts/bushes.

I've not ordered the pinch bolt/nut in a while so it's possible that the new part number comes as a kit (and the price would suggest this), but I'm pretty sure last time I did order one the part number for the bolt was a straight like-for-like replacement - that was some time ago though (as I've been using high tensile bolts for a few years now) and it may have changed again since.

Alan_M

Guess what I've just found in my garage.....a full set of Pug bushes! No bolts/nuts mind. Sod it, I'll whip the wishbone off and change the bushes. I'm sure they'll push in with a big vice and suitable drifts :D