• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gibbo GTI

Rear Brake Pros

Gibbo GTI

I have almost finished the track car I've been building :) Took it for a quick spin on private land to help clean the brake discs up and I noticed lots of smoke from the n/s rear when I braked hard. The o/s rear needs bleeding again as I had to replace a small section of pipe, so that too may start locking once I 've bled it. The car is running 1.9 brake setup with a single pipe from the m/c to the rear seat area (brake pipes in car) where it splits into 2. There is a 1.9 compensator in each of these 2 lines before they go to the calipers. I have a feeling that the compensator/compensators are duff as I bought them second hand. After searching, I think the quickest, cheapest and easiest fix is to fit a compbrake in-car Bias Valve and tweek out the excess pressure to the rear. Any other suggestions welcome.

SPGTi

What you have said sounds good. But don't get the compbrake bias valve, spend a bit more and get a good one, AP etc.

I run exactly what you have described and don't have any problems.

Steve

Mad Scientist

Agree on the bias valve.

I bought a compbrake one. It was crap.

Bought an AP one and job done.

Miles

Have to echo the above, AP all day long, yes it costs allot but worth it as it won;t fall apart

Gibbo GTI

Thanks guys, will invest in the AP one :D