• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pugs in Pieces

Dash Lights

Pugs in Pieces

Hi all, i have been slowly returning the gutmann cti back to standard over the winter, this has involved alot of work both inside and out, i have replaced the complete dash assy every last nut and bolt has been replaced however since i have done this i have a few small issues with the dash lights, i no longer have a stop light, low water light or oil light and the handbrake light will not go out, just stays illuminated, i have checked all earths they seem fine, the brake fluid is full so thats not causing the light to stay on, the light does flicker when you release/pull the handbrake but then comes back on.

there is a stupid old cobra alarm fitted that i have not yet had the confidence to remove, its a maze of wiring with full parts of loom needing replacing, this does not seem to work properly, could this be linked?

i must admit when i drove the car home in dec after purchase i cannot remember for the life of me if the lights worked then or not, but i am assuming its something i have done or not done as the case may be.

any help greatly appreciated.

thanks

Anthony

The problem with the STOP, oil pressure and high-coolant temp light will be an issue with the oil pressure switch/wiring as that's what triggers those three lights.

Try unplugging the brake fluid level sensor and see if the light goes out - if it doesn't, then it probably is the handbrake switch playing up.

Miles

Have you replaced the instruments at all?

But as said it's worth checking each circuit to know what one is causing the problem, just earth each one out to check