• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mrmike123445

Indicators Not Working

mrmike123445

Hi guys

I'm trying fix a botched rear light conversion on my car that the previous owner has started. So far i've managed to get the brake lights and indicators on but no reverse lights and there is no front or side indicators. Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong and are there any wires that joint the front and back lights together or are the seperate looms?

cheers mike

peterjohnson6037

Don't know about the reverse lights but try checking the earth wires under the bonnet behind the headlights for the indicator problems, I think they are green wires and

have yellow block connectors on them, if these have poor connection the front and side indicators don't work. ;)

peterjohnson6037

Looked today and the block connectors you should chceck are brown behind the headlights, the yellow block connectors

I mentioned are for the spot lights, Hope this helps. ;)

pug_ham

Peter, there are yellow connectors in the engine bay that are earth points but these are hidden away next to the headlamp under plastic bags on the side panel near the grille.

These earth points can cause the front indicator & side repeater to stop working, best replaced with ring terminals crimped in place of the original connectors imo but to test run a seperate piece of wire from either plug earh pin (green & yellow) to the battery earth & see if they start to work again.

Did you have the ignition on when trying the reverse light?

Graham.

dch1950

Hi,there's also an earth block tucked away inside the the boot (side panel) nearside -

regards

Dave

mrmike123445

thanks for the replys. i'm hoping to have another look at these over the weekend so i'll check those earths by the grille.