• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
richystran

Guide To Fitting Side Trim

richystran

Have done a search to no avial! Is there a definitive guide to fitting the arches, side trim and red inserts with pics etc? I have a 205 and alot of the trim needs refitted, and i can see alot of things are missing to do so, i havent got a clue on how to get the red insert to clip in etc.

If anyone knows where there is a step by step guide etc or is willing to describe how to do it i would appriciate it! I dont want to go down the easy route of just bonding the kit on as i know if i done this i would regret it at a later time!

Thanks

Tom Fenton

All the sections are slightly different in the way they attach.

The front arch has white plastic pegs that clip into the arch. These then push through the holes in the wing, and are secured by a small rubber washer then a gold metal clip. The small section of red trim fits into the wing with a plastic barbed peg. This piece is very very easy to bend.

The door section is secured first by some plated steel clips, it slides under these to secure it to the door. Commonly they rust to bits and are long gone, don't worry too much if this is the case as the black clips I will describe next hold the door trim on OK.

These black clips slide onto the rivets on the door, place the trim on, then drop a clip in the slot in the trim, and slide it onto the rivet. Do this for all the rivet holes. The clips do go one way up, its quite obvious when you do it.

Finally the red strip clips onto the barbs on the black clips that are holding on the door trim.

The rear arch uses a combination of both methods used for the front arch and door trim.