• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tomcolinjones

Fully Rose Jointed Wishbones From Compbrake

tomcolinjones

Just doing some research for my long term shopping list.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320675898793&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_742wt_700

This is the price for the PAIR! and they are 200 on ebay, or 190 on there own website.

And what about the track rod ends they supply?

http://www.compbrake.co.uk/Parts-by-Car-Manufacturer/Peugeot/205/FORMULA-T/ROD-END-PUG-205-306-309/prod_3219.html

i was wondering if anyone runs any of these, and if so how long they last? there are no boots over the joints so mud / grit could get in easily and destroy the joint could it not?

Does the arm to hub joint last longer than conventional ball joints?

Thanks in advance..

Tom

Edited by tomcolinjones

Spiky

make your own, as the combrakes dont really fit and it's cheaper

tomcolinjones

make your own, as the combrakes dont really fit and it's cheaper

Make my own wishbone? or make my own rose joints?

why dont the compbrake ones fit?

Spiky

as below make your own, these are a set i made, been fine :)

replacement RJ's are only 12 each too :)

the combrake one's fit if you retain the std ARB, even though they say they will :D

P1010113.jpg

P1010111.jpg

unariciflocos

Could you please provide some details on how you welded yours and where you bought the rose joints from?

Spiky

a professional welder welded mine,

i'm supprised my crew of "haters" havent been on and dissed them..lol

the inserts were made by another local welder/fabricator, they are the second set as the first were slopping with the rose joint

the rose joints were bought from

http://www.mcgillmotorsports.co.uk/

they sell lots on ebay, which is where i actually bought mine

unariciflocos

Did the welding process involve heating them in an oven?

And don't hate the haters, they're only thinking about your safety and that of others reading this thread and making poorly welded ones and having them fail.

I'm curious what Rippthrough's opinion on these would be...

Edited by unariciflocos

Spiky

no it didnt

tomcolinjones

I would rather buy something off someone who has a jig set up to make sure everything is spot on. wouldnt like the rose joints to be welded in on the p1ss or something, rendering the whole job usless!

The compbrake ones have adjustable arm to subframe joints aswell to adjust castor i guess?

I am just thinking of the not so distant future, and various routes to go with my suspension and steering. I can see the idea behind the rose joints to get the car setup 'spot on' and to keep it in tune when things bend / wear.

Would adjustable camber lower arms allow you to use 306 gti6 hubs? (readily available at the moment) and are lighter than the 1.9 items. so you could adjust the rose joint to give you negative camber, because the gti6 hubs give posative camber on a 205 iirc.

Spiky

Yeah that's cool, but the compbrake ones won't fit if you plan to keep the anti roll bar,

Trust me

TT205

^^ +1

Trust me too

tomcolinjones

^^ +1

Trust me too

Why do they make them then if you cant use an ARB? i beleve you, it just seems stupid!

TT205

Their old spiel was that they are mainly bought for forest use and the forest rally guys don't use an ARB

They insist (or did?) that they will fit with the ARB - the reality is yes if you get the car up on stands and unload the suspension - you can fit the ARB but when you drop it back on it's wheels - it catches