• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

400Lb Coil Overs On My Road Going 205

driversdomainuk

Hi All

About to get some used coil over fitted to my 205GTI..They are from a very serious track 205. I have 24mm TB's and a 25mm ARB so it is very stiff backend...

The fronts are 400lb springs. Although I only do around 300-500 miles a year on road, it is mainly a track car.

What will 400lb springs be like on the road? I know they will be good on track, as the 205 it is off holds a few mod prod hill climb records...

Thanks

Rob

Batfink

rubbish basically, especially if you dont have fancy dampers.

I would want to run a softer tender spring as well to take the edge off the bumps as its going to skip all over the place with those...

driversdomainuk

rubbish basically, especially if you dont have fancy dampers.

I would want to run a softer tender spring as well to take the edge off the bumps as its going to skip all over the place with those...

They are with customised Bilstein dampers. I am paying £500 for them fully fitted. They cost him £1,200 for them new 3 years ago (for 2 dampers and 2 springs)

tri_longer

They are with customised Bilstein dampers. I am paying £500 for them fully fitted. They cost him £1,200 for them new 3 years ago (for 2 dampers and 2 springs)

They wouldn't be of Mr Pinders car by any chance would they?

tomcolinjones

@ Driversdomainuk.... Where abouts in Shrewsbury are you? in in Oswestry

I think 400lbs is way too stif for the roads, unless you have a 2 ton engine under there!

driversdomainuk

They wouldn't be of Mr Pinders car by any chance would they?

yes they are!!

Baz

That'll be about 100lbs too stiff for the rear IMO, give or take a little for personal preference.

driversdomainuk

@ Driversdomainuk.... Where abouts in Shrewsbury are you? in in Oswestry

I think 400lbs is way too stif for the roads, unless you have a 2 ton engine under there!

I know 400lbs is far too stiff for the road...i only use it to get to and from track - nothing else!

Cameron

Then what are you worried about?? :lol:

If your dampers are good, there's no reason why you can't fit them. Yes the ride will be very firm, but it shouldn't be harsh or crashy. I have 350lb springs and 24mm bars on mine and tbh the ride is surprisingly good! This is with Gaz Gold dampers custom valved to my specs. :)

Baz

Suck it and see? :D