• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jimbobclarkie

Steering And Brake Problems

jimbobclarkie

Hi All

Can anyone help me with a few issues i am having with my 1.9 205 gti

First is the car is pulling to the left under medium / heavy braking.

The second is the steering seems very light when accelerating / taking corners

Lastly i dont know if it is a issue but the brake discs on the front are scolding hot after a 5/10 minute run, they are definately hotter that the rears which are almost cold.

Ok so i have check the following

All brake calipurs have been chanmged although for second hand ones they were free and worked properly,

Bled the brake system several times now and have got rid of any air that might have been in the system

Overhauled the master cylinder and all the seals seem fine the only thing that is a bit dodgy the resovior moves from side to side quite easily

The rear wheels spin freely, but the fronts do make a slight noise as if the pads are very slightly touching

the car has been sat for two years and there is some rust on the discs.

Has anyone got any ideas what could be causing these problems? and do you think they are all related

Many Thanks

James

brian j

If the callipers and M/C are all OK, it may be that one or both of your front flexi-hoses have collapsed internally and are holding the brake pressure on/restricting pressure to one wheel. If they are old, then it may be worth replacing them anyway.