• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ash 205gti

How To Make My 205 Wider

ash 205gti

hey i just wana no how to make my 1.6 gti wider, ive been told to use 309 bits but just want some more info and a list of all the bits i need, plans are to stick a gti6 engine in it soon on carbs and some cams, thanks

Peetypug

309 rear beam will bolt straigt on, it's wider and has rear disk setup.

You will need the 309 shafts and wishbones, you will also need 309 or 205 1.9 hubs

You may also need the 1.9 front calipers and disks

Edited by sorrentopete

ash 205gti

ok thanks mate, do i need a 309 subframe or are thay the same as a 205 one?

Spiky

205 and 309 subframes are the same

harryskid

Would not the wheel arches need bringing out?

ash 205gti

yea im guna put some wider arches on it at sumpoint :)

allye

You don't need wider arches, the 309 set up will just about fit under the gti body kit from pictures I'v seen. If you do 6' it don't put carbs on it! It will prob loose you power is anything its also quite tricky putting lumpy cams in a 6'.

steve@cornwall

no

harryskid

You don't need wider arches, the 309 set up will just about fit under the gti body kit from pictures I'v seen. If you do 6' it don't put carbs on it! It will prob loose you power is anything its also quite tricky putting lumpy cams in a 6'.

Maxi arches would look though and use tbs

Daviewonder

I think you'll need more than 309 suspension to fill those arches mate ^_^

ash 205gti

yea i no but i like them :) do you no where i cus get a set from?

Daviewonder

I believe Wardy makes similar arches to these, might be worth dropping him a PM.

allye

o ryt thanks for the imfo, i want the arches wot are on this 205 half way down the page http://forum.205gtid...opic=86566&st=0 but dont no where to get them? so wot shud i do to the gti6 engine if i put it in my 205?

:blink: 1.9 GTI wheels would look tiny on those arches! You'd need a good 7/8 inch wheel for those.

What should you do to the engine? You need to define what you want from the car first, its important to have a goal or purpose for any project car. If your going from a 1.6 leave it standard, 167hp will be plenty!

(Your not allowed to right in 'text' speak you'll get told off for it :ph34r::lol:)

ash 205gti

ive had a set of compomotive mo's and think thay wud look cool in them arches but abit wider, yea think ill leave the engine standard at first, guna pick up a 306 gti6 and just strip it down as my mate has one forsale cheep wiv no mot or tax,

feb

What is wrong with young people being unable to spell or type?!

Even if you type from a phone, take your time and spell properly, it is really hard to read your posts and people will not be bothered to answer your questions if you can't be bothered to spell properly.

maturin23

I was going to post the same - check out the forum rules on txt-spk please Ash. There are loads of old blokes like me on here who struggle to read it.

Also wanted to ask the OP what his motivation was for doing this? From a driving point of view I preferred my 205 with the original narrower 205 beam than the 309 one I have fitted. I also needed to cut away the inner lip of the arch to prevent contact with the tyre.

allye

(Your not allowed to right in 'text' speak you'll get told off for it :ph34r::lol:)

Told you!!!

GSXR_J

Told you!!!

Ha ha naughty boy!!!!! :lol:

unariciflocos

Told you!!!

Don't you mean : You're not allowed to write in "txt speak"?

It's because of this that I'm certain I won't lose my job to a younger chap who will work for less money when I'm older. biggrin.gif

As for the OP's question, I'm sorry, I gave up trying to read your posts after the first few words.

Edited by unariciflocos

tri_longer

to give you an idea this is an arch set of wardy under which sit a set of 15" alloys with 15mm spacers and you can see how much they still sit inside (these are for road use only, my race wheels are a bit wider).

DSCN0321.jpg

DSCN0320.jpg

Baz

Might be worth mentioning that the wheels above on tri-longer's car are also the wrong offset, equivalent to about a 5mm or so spacer with standard correct offset wheels.