• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
xstream2000

Electric Window Wiring

xstream2000

Hi all

This is my first post and as you would expect its with a question I would really like answered. If I have posted in the wrong place mods please feel free to move.

Right I am just putting my E reg 1.6gti back together after its had its respray problem I have is some nice person had cut the connector blocks on the electric windows on both sides, so I have lots of single cables and not sure where they go. If someone could help me with how to connect this up I would be most greatful. its a mark one as I know the later models have different coloured wires.

Ross

steve@cornwall

Hi all

This is my first post and as you would expect its with a question I would really like answered. If I have posted in the wrong place mods please feel free to move.

Right I am just putting my E reg 1.6gti back together after its had its respray problem I have is some nice person had cut the connector blocks on the electric windows on both sides, so I have lots of single cables and not sure where they go. If someone could help me with how to connect this up I would be most greatful. its a mark one as I know the later models have different coloured wires.

Ross

Hope this helps

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=124877&st=10

xstream2000

Thanks Steve, Yes most helpful now I know that the live goes central with an earth either side and the bridge wires across I should be able to get it, his wires are a different colour as his are 1.5 phase but no matter. Thanks for the speedy reply hopefully I will be able to solve this over the weekend.

Ross

xstream2000

Just can't get over this problem, I have a phase one so my wires are Red (believed Live) Black (believed Earth?) Purples which conect from drivers to passanger, 1 green and 1 yellow/orange. I connected the 3 Reds to each of the center switches, a black either side of this on both the drivers side blocks, on one block put the two purples on 1 & 5 pin, on the other I put the green and orange on the outers. on the passanger side I put the red in the center and the purples on 1 & 5 but to my suprise no black wires just a yellow and a green so put them on 2 & 4.

Can't get them to make any sign of life, checked both the window fuses in the glove box fuse box infact check all fuses there and no problems. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Ross

ade 4wd

Start with the basics.

Do you have a switched live on any of the wires on the drivers door?

If not check fuse and relay.

xstream2000

Start with the basics.

Do you have a switched live on any of the wires on the drivers door?

If not check fuse and relay.

Hi Im not much of an electrician I got the volt meter out and am reading 0.10 out of the black wire so I am assuming this is live, have no negative readings but not sure if Im ment to. I have checked my meter has a good earth and the the battery is reading correct on it which it does 14.50ish while running.

I have power at both the fuses which have a picture of a window on it but to be honest not sure what relay it is and or how to check one :unsure:

ade 4wd

Relays on fuse board going from left to right:-

1-Driving lights

2-Not used on a 205

3-Front screen wiper delay

4-Indicator/Hazard

5-Electric windows

6-Heated rear window

Fuse 9 is for electric windows, but also check fuse 3.

You should have 12V on 2 wires in the drivers door and 1 in the passengers door.