• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mafo

Rear Beam Alternatives

mafo

Hi All

I know this has been covered many times, but have not been able to locate a suitable answer.

My 205 1,9 gti Beam is rotten on the inside:( I need to locate a decent beam.

What alternatives do I have, what other models fit?

Does anyone here have a beam they are willing to sell, I am living in Sweden and can arrange courier pickup!

Thanks for your answers in advance!

Anthony

You can use the beam tube from any model 205 (except for very early cars) and then use the trailing arms, torsion and anti-roll bars from your 1.9 GTi beam to rebuild it.

mafo

You can use the beam tube from any model 205 (except for very early cars) and then use the trailing arms, torsion and anti-roll bars from your 1.9 GTi beam to rebuild it.

Thanks Anthony

So I should be looking for a 1990 forward beam from any peugeot 205 model!

Marc

Anthony

I think the early beams that aren't compatible (due to different torsion bar splines) are only on early Phase 1 models, something like 1983 to 1985 I believe.

Certainly anything 1987/88 or so onwards is the same and would be fine, although if you're buying from a scrapyard or unknown source then you really need to strip it prior to buying, as most beams out there that haven't been previously refurbished are dying or dead these days.

New beam tubes are still available from Peugeot, although they are not cheap at something around 350-400 Euros I believe.

mafo

I Have been working with peugeot for some years and just yesterday we did a search of the danish central warehouse and found no new beams. I have found 2 base model 205's in a local scrapyard, but as you said i have to strip them first before buying. Its such a pain they dont make them any more.

mafo

Ok, now i have ordered a beam from a local skrapyard from a 1989 cti, the scrapyard are dismantling it from the rear setup and I will only buy it if its clean. fingers crossed!