• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gtiburge

Running Brakes And Fule Line Inside Car

gtiburge

going to run brakes and fule lines inside the car were is the best place to go through the bulkhead and what size coper pipe and fittings to go into the callipers and master cylinder pictures would be very good

rallyeash

8mm for the fuel lines, im running a short piece of rubber fuel pipe to connect between the tank outlets onto the cooper pipe, they run along the sill inside the car then up through the bulkhead and into the engine bay using rubber fuel pipe joining to the fuel rail, make sure you flare the ends like a brake fitting to eliminate the fuel pipe from popping off and spraying fuel everywhere.

3/16 copper pipe for the brake lines iirc, and im sure the m/c and calipers are M10

rallysteve

M10 x 1 fittings all round as far as I know, although I have a feeling some of the brake compensators are different, if you are still running them?

Steve

gtiburge

M10 x 1 fittings all round as far as I know, although I have a feeling some of the brake compensators are different, if you are still running them?

Steve

what is the best way to get rid of the brake compensators? and will the brakes still break evenly ?

rallyeash

probably find the rear brakes will want to lock up first, can use an inline bias valve though to overcome this.

gtiburge

probably find the rear brakes will want to lock up first, can use an inline bias valve though to overcome this.

kk and i all so want to put a hydrolick handbrake in were and how do i plumb that in

rallyeash

not sure what a hydrolick handbrake is :P but a hydraulic handbrake is plumbed inline again. need a single brake line to the rear though.Hydraulic handbrake won't pass an mot. unless you have a rally car don't bother...

guide here

http://obpltd.wordpress.com/2010/09/07/how-to-fit-an-obp-hydraulic-handbrake-fitting-instructions-tech-session/

Edited by rallyeash

matt.f

If it's a competition car I'd personally run them down middle of the car and not the sill