• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allye

Cutting Hole For Aero Catches!?

allye

Right, I cut my first hole fine with a 44mm hole cutter which blunted it rather nicely :lol: So it wasn't having any of it when I tried to do the 2nd. Bought another hole gutting set (cheapy one as it was only going to get blunted again) but thats not having any of it now and not touching it :angry:

Any ho, how do you guys do it? Is it worth spending £15 on a pricey holoe cutter or is there an easier way!?

I feel fairly stupid asking this! :unsure:

Ali

Edited by allye

james_pug

Search eBay for 'starrett holesaw 44mm' there's one on there for a fiver, you won't blunt one on a bonnet but you will need a arbor for it

SurGie

I have drilled an average size hole then used a hole file (half moon type) to make the hole bigger without damaging the bonnet too much.

allye

Search eBay for 'starrett holesaw 44mm' there's one on there for a fiver, you won't blunt one on a bonnet but you will need a arbor for it

They look good, but the bloody arbor is at least a tenner. Maybe as well get the draper one from the factors I was looking at for £15.

Will the draper be as good/do the job as well as the starrett?

welshpug

cutting disc on a dremel?

Daz_C

Did mine the other week with a jigsaw, put plenty of insulation/duck tape around the area, fitted the template drilled about 4 holes at different points around the template and jigsaw'd away. Took about 5mins to cut each hole out, no damage to the bonnet whatsoever.

engine killer

Did mine the other week with a jigsaw, put plenty of insulation/duck tape around the area, fitted the template drilled about 4 holes at different points around the template and jigsaw'd away. Took about 5mins to cut each hole out, no damage to the bonnet whatsoever.

+1

i did mine exactly like you did with a jigsaw.

p.s. steady hands and no rush help.