• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Strictly_Derv

Just A Quik Question

Strictly_Derv

Hi i'm going to be picking up a 1.9 beam with disks and calipers.

My car's beam has drums, and I know that when converting to disks on 106's you have to change the brake lines.

Does this apply on 205's? It's not a GTI and I have tried to search but not found exactly what I needed to know

Cheers

tomcolinjones

Hi i'm going to be picking up a 1.9 beam with disks and calipers.

My car's beam has drums, and I know that when converting to disks on 106's you have to change the brake lines.

Does this apply on 205's? It's not a GTI and I have tried to search but not found exactly what I needed to know

Cheers

You will definately need new flexi's...

I ran 1 pipe from the m/c to the back with the 1.9 'g' valve or whatewver it is called straped to the bulkhead, and a 'T" peice with one side going to each flexi hose.

Strictly_Derv

This beam come's with flexi hose's, would they not just fit where my old one's went?

welshpug

If its a base model then it'll go straight on, they use the same hoses from body to trailing arms.

You will need to fit the inline pressure regulators/compensators from a 1.9 though, the base models have them inside the rear wheel cylinders.

Strictly_Derv

How do I do that exactly?

I'm new to 205's so sorry for all the questions

Anthony

Assuming that they don't come with the beam, you will need different solid brake pipes that run along the trailing arms.

1.9 GTi's have a brake pressure compensator in each of the rear brake lines, just in front of the fuel tank as standard, whereas base models do not have these - the pressure compensators are built into the rear wheel cylinders. If you don't have the rear compensators and are using standard calipers, the rear wheels will lock-up before the fronts and is somewhat hairy - if not damned right dangerous - under medium-hard braking as a result.