• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rallysteve

Ap Calipers (Lotus) With 290Mm Rotors

rallysteve

I am just looking into a Lotus Caliper conversion for the front of my track 205. I have studied the technical drawings from Benlilys design, I especially like the fact they fit behind the standard 1.9 speedlines. However I would like to be able to have a wider choice of rotors. 290mm does not seem a very popular size, if I could get away with using 295mm or 298.5mm then I could use wilwood or powervane rotors, which are a bit cheaper and I believe also lighter.

Has anyone else ever tried this? Or even better does anyone have a CAD model/tech drawing of a 1.9 speedline and/or AP caliper I could have so I can check the packaging on CAD

Cheers Steve

Cameron

I made Catia models of all my parts when I did the conversion, including the AP caliper. I didn't model a 1.9 Speedline though as mine were going under TD pro race 1.2's. I ended up using AP Racing 285mm discs which are a more popular size.

Not to difficult to make your own CAD model of a Speedline wheel though, I always find that by the time you've trawled the internet searching for CAD models you may as well have just got some simple measuring tools out and made a model yourself, and doing things this way means you know the accuracy of the model rather than hoping for the best.

Edited by Cameron

Spiky

i run the vx200/lotus calipers and i have 307 HDI disc's

my friend has a CAD drawing of the brackets, and he sells the bracket's

he is availble from www.torques.co.uk

for the extra 7mm is it worth it? when there is off the shelf disc's and it's the same disc as the 206 180

IMG_0844.jpg

Edited by Spiky

welshpug

one downside Steve, they weigh a chuffing ton :lol:

though there's no mention of an alloy bell from the o.p, I'd recommend one :)

Spiky

granted, but easy to source

if weight is an issue, get bells and rotors

rallysteve

Yeah, sorry should have said to start with, I was thinking of using bells and rotors rather than one-piece discs.

Thanks For the info though, I do already have a pair of gti180 discs that came with the 206 calipers i bought.

Cheers Steve

Cameron

I went down the bells and rotors route, it's very light. :)

craig_007

I'm using 266mm discs on mine. Think there from a Peugeot Partner van.

Still lighter than the standard 1600 brakes and a hell of a lot lighter than my original 306gti set up