• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Strictly_Derv

Rear Dampers

Strictly_Derv

Hi i've got some ebay adjustable coilies on my 205 and they came with rear shocks which i've put on. But it seems a lot softer at the back and you can feel it when going hard round a bend.

The beams on its way out sadly, after I lowered it the bearings where disturbed and its squeking like fook now.

What would be the cheapest way to stiffen up the rear? I'm a student working 2 days a week so expensive things are out the question :( and I won't be able to afford a beam for a few months yet

I've heard GTI6 shocks are good, is this true?

Cheers

Tom Fenton

GTI6 rear dampers are a good upgrade from standard, not mega expensive new, and also commonly available 2nd hand.

Anthony

What springs are on the coilovers - it's more likely you've just fitted stiffer springs to the front, and effectively not upgraded the rear spring rate (torsion bars) to match.

Strictly_Derv

no idea what the springs are, just really solid ebay jobbies, the backs standard Dturbo spec, anyone know the thickeness of the bars on these?