• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GSXR_J

Roll Cage Fitment?

GSXR_J

Hi there, just a thought but is it possible to fit a full roll cage into a 205 Gti but still retain the full interior without marking or damage? Guess there would be couple of bolt holes through the carpet but would that be it?

Cheers!

arwel

Hi there, just a thought but is it possible to fit a full roll cage into a 205 Gti but still retain the full interior without marking or damage? Guess there would be couple of bolt holes through the carpet but would that be it?

Cheers!

It is possible to keep the interior and have a roll cage. I have an OMP cage in my road rally car. Road rally rules state that all main interior trim must remian in the vehicle so it is possible.

Mine has a bolt through both B pillars where the standard seat belt is mounted and then 4 foot plates which means cutting the carpet to make it fit... there probably is more but I cant think off the top of my head.

As for the not marking or damaging anything.. I think you would be lucky because it's a very tight fit. :D

Edited by arwel

Batfink

If you want an OMP cage I can get them at a good price :D

Kev

Wes

how much? and is it possible to keep the back seats in? i know you won't be able to sit in them, anyone got a pic?

JonnyGee

i had a safety devices cage that fit rear seats with it and was bolt in so easy fit to,i now have a welded in omp that makes the car much stiffer,depends what u are doing with it?

how much? and is it possible to keep the back seats in? i know you won't be able to sit in them, anyone got a pic?

tomcolinjones

the seats will fit with the omp bolt in cage, as i had rear seats fitted with both my 205's with omp cages.

if you have machanical winders for the windows, the cage may catch on these, also the edges of the dash and the mirror adjusters. if you have a sunroof it will be very tight getting the rear part of the cage in. and you will have to have the sun visors down all the time if you leave them fitted.... from my experiance only.

hope this helps

Tom.