• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tomcolinjones

Lhm M/c Available For Pedal Boxes?

tomcolinjones

Hi, I intend to use Citroen BX 16v front calipers on the back of the 205 when it goes back together. along with a twin master cylinder bias box.

Is it possible to get hold of 0.7 cylinders to use LHM oil? and would there be a problem using dot 4 for the fronts and LHM for the rears? i.e different braking forces at different temperatures? as i am strugling to find dot seals for the lhm caliper.

Thanks

Tom.

Edited by jackherer
title

jackherer

As I understand it if you use LHM in a conventional braking system it will rapidly absorb water and corrode the brake lines.

EdCherry

Why are you struggling to find DOT seals? Have you actually spoken to companies rather than just using the internet?

A company like Barnwell should be able to supply something.

tomcolinjones

Why are you struggling to find DOT seals? Have you actually spoken to companies rather than just using the internet?

A company like Barnwell should be able to supply something.

I have just been searching up to now. I dont realy know of any companies that would be able to help. Ill give barnwell a try.

Thanks for your help.

Tom.