• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
choochoo

Rear Brake Caliper Question

choochoo

My rear caliper on my car has give up. when i press the brake it works and dont retract and its binding all the time and eat a set of pads in a week. I was going to get a new one but my mate has some off a saxo and it looks simular , Any idea if it will fit??

Thanks

Anthony

Saxo ones are the same. Make sure it isn't a perished and collapsed brakeline causing the brake to bind though

choochoo

Ive checked the pipes and look fine, ive had the caliper off twice to put new pads in and i have to undo the bleed nipple to wind the caliper back in. some things not right with it some where .

Thanks for your reply

j_turnell

Could it not be a compensator problem? May be worth throwing on the saxo caliper and go from there.

choochoo

Yer i will do and see what happens . hopefully it is the caliper and not some thing else

welshpug

next time you try and wind the piston back in, crack off the union on the calliper side of the brake compensator.

choochoo

Do you mean undo the pipe