• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jme1989

Fog Lights

jme1989

could any1 help me, ive got a phase 2 205 gti and cant seem to find how to get the fog lights on

Anthony

Assuming you're talking about the front, then they're not fog lights, they're driving lights, and should come on with the high beams.

If they don't, check the bulbs and then the connectors that join them to the main loom which tend to suffer badly from corrosion - they're 2 pin yellow plugs, usually somewhere behind/near the headlights.

jme1989

Assuming you're talking about the front, then they're not fog lights, they're driving lights, and should come on with the high beams.

If they don't, check the bulbs and then the connectors that join them to the main loom which tend to suffer badly from corrosion - they're 2 pin yellow plugs, usually somewhere behind/near the headlights.

thanks mate they dont come on at all even when high beem is on i'll have to have a look

monkee87

Ooo! You're fairly local to me! Good to see another 205 in this area. :)

jme1989

Ooo! You're fairly local to me! Good to see another 205 in this area. :)

where bouts you from?

monkee87

where bouts you from?

I live near Eastbourne. Probably moving your way this September for uni. :)

RickyD

I bought an H-Plate 1.9 last weekend and also noticed that mine also don't work. I also didn't realise that they were driving lamps until I read the owners manual.

I haven't had a chance to look at them yet. I've been going through a whole check-list of jobs to do. The most important one was the brake lights which are now fixed due to a loose connection on the switch.

A new fault has occured today which is a coolant leak. I suspect it may be a water pump which has worn out.

Cheers

RickyD