• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stu8v

Cost Effective Trackday Rear End

stu8v

Right I'm trying to do a little forward planning in respect of the rear end, mainly so I can keep a lookout for parts as and when they come up.

What is the most cost effective way for me to build a tarmac/trackday spec rear end. In respect of Anti Roll bars, Torsion bars, Dampers etc etc

So far I've collected a pair of ZX rear arms, a std 1.9 beam and a std 1.6 beam to use for spares as /if reqd

From the searchs I've done it seems to be a case of 21mm torsion bars, 25mm A/R bar and Billies, is this still the preffered option.

Thanks

pug_ham

Tbh any thicker TB's are worth while if you can find them but most commonly used sizes in the aftermarket was 20 & 21mm afaik (SBC etc).

Same goes for the rear arb but its more a matter of what sizes you find available, I expect 24mm to be more common using resplined 306 arb's than proper custom made 25 (or bigger) ones.

Graham.

oli-pug

Depends how you want the car to feel on the track and what tyres you're planning to use. It's no more expensive really to go for a stiff setup with very little roll over a softer more compliant setup.

madaxgt

Where do you get ARB's resplined?? I would be interested in where you can get splines re cut

j_turnell

Just use a 106 gti 24mm rear arb with 306 end plates, bolts straight in.