• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rallyeash

Compbrake Top Mount Query

rallyeash

hi guys, done a search but couldnt find anything directly related.

Im running gaz GHA coilovers with 2.25 8" 300LB springs. i was running standard top mounts when my car was on the road 2 years ago. when it had a bareshell respray and rebuild i decided to stick compbrake accentric top mounts on when going back together. when they arrived i realised the top spring pan is different so got on the phone to gaz and they sent out new top spring pans for adjustable top mounts.

now the car is back together ive noticed when turning stationary lock to lock you can here the springs turning and makes a "dung" kind of noise lol. i took one strut assy off to see if there was anything fitted incorectly but it all looks correct. the top mount is underneath the turret as ive seen a couple before that sit above it.

anyone had this issue before or is this normal?

thanks Ash

swordfish210

I can't say that mine knock at all, is the bearing OK in them?

welshpug

Try some grease in the spherical bearing, make sure the top spring pan isn't binding at all on the underneath of the top mount plate.

rallyeash

ive checked theres no binding between the top mount and the spring pan.

the bearing did feel fairly stiff but thought might just be because its new, will try grease them up. can't do any harm.