• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
custard-rallye

My New Coilovers

custard-rallye

Thought id put a post up of my new coilovers anybody had any experience with them?

IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

they are platform adjustable d2 coilovers

Edited by custard-rallye

welshpug

not heard much about them, I only know of one 306 on the gti6 forum that runs on them, no complaints so far I believe.

how much were they?

DRTDVL

They are used a lot over here with the jap import boys, they have mixed comments about them.

A lot of the complaints seam to be about them leaking.

custard-rallye

250 off a guy that bought em but wrote off his 205 before he fitted em I'm sure they are like 600 new on eBay

stefan

What brand are they anyway? It's hard to see from the pics. Do the camber plates come with them, or are they a separate item (from another firm)?

Edited by stefan

custard-rallye

They are d2 and the camber plates come with them also platform adjustable so height isn't adjusted by the springs

Batfink

The Jap stuff tends to all come from the same place apparently. Usually very stiffly damped. Will be interesting to see what its like.

James_m

A friend had them on a civic. Im sorry but total crap, the car just used to bounce along the road and would never settle even on the smoothest roads, he binned that after not that long from what I remember.

Still, if you already have them then maybe worth a go

custard-rallye

I sold my gaz ones for em so I will compare em they do seem very stiff but they do say on the box track only might get some softer springs made up will see when the car is on the road in june

custard-rallye

I looked into them as said above mixed reviews the old ones are bad for leaks but the new tuv approved ones are ment to be better time will tell

jamess92

My last colleugue had them on his Mitsubishi GTO.. very bouncy.

His words were - fun for messing around and every day driving, but would change them for the track!

feb

I don't know anything about these in particular but as has been said above most japanese ones are very stiff and only good on smooth roads.

The ASTs I had in my Forester were bouncy too.

After speaking to people who have fitted coilovers to their cars (be it Tein, EXE-TC, AST etc.) their coilovers (including mine) have leaked after about 20k miles or so .

A good set of dampers and matched springs can't be beaten for a road car with occasional track use IMHO.

As for TUV, just because a product has it doesn't mean it is the best you can get for your money. It is a way for them to sell local products or make money ;)

You can get TUV approval yourself for something you have imported if you have enough money to spend and then you are able to sell it locally.

My 2c.

Anyway, since you have them it's worth giving them a try.

Edited by feb