• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
richystran

1.6 Brakes On 1.9 Hubs

richystran

Just a quick question! Does the 1.6 brakes eg calipers and discs fit the 1.9 hubs, my wheel bearings are gone on the 1.6 hubs and i have a set of 1.9 ones handy which are perfect! I also have a set of 306 hdi brakes here too, would they also fit without mods?

Thanks

Richy

j_turnell

A search would have revealed all! If your going to use the 1.9 hubs you'll need 1.9 shafts, the brakes would fit the 1.9 hubs no problem. Maybe cheaper to get some base model hubs with decent bearings, that way you dont need to change your shafts and there the right offset for the hdi brakes you've got.

richystran

Thanks for the reply, i did a search but to no avail sorry, maybe searched wrong! Anyway i tried a 1.6 disc and its no good, its too close to the mounting points for the caliper so it rubs. I will just have to replace the bearings by the look of things, i wasnt worried too much about the shafts as i have maybe 8 1.9 shafts in the loft lol! I was tying to aviod spending anymore money on this car as the bill is getting bigger and bigger, doesnt help that its been sitting up for neary 10 years!

dumbiron

try the hdi brakes, they should fit.

Anthony

1.6 calipers will fit the 1.9 hubs, but you'll need to use 1.9 disks - the 1.6 disks are the wrong offset. 306 HDi brakes will bolt straight on, using the 306 brake caliper bolts.

As has been said though, you can't use 1.6 driveshafts on 1.9 hubs.

richystran

1.6 calipers will fit the 1.9 hubs, but you'll need to use 1.9 disks - the 1.6 disks are the wrong offset. 306 HDi brakes will bolt straight on, using the 306 brake caliper bolts.

As has been said though, you can't use 1.6 driveshafts on 1.9 hubs.

Thanks anthony, thats what i will do then, 1.9 discs are cheaper anyway. I just have the hdi calipers and would have to buy pads and discs, and i have just bought 1.6 greenstuff pads so i dont want them to go to waste.

I was just a little wary about doing this as i can visibly see that the 1.9 hub (where the disk bolts on) doesnt stick out as much as the 1.6 one!

dave205

Sorry to hijack your post and turn it on its head!, but does anyone know if 1.9 calipers and disc's will fit straight on to 1.6 hubs?

Anthony

Sorry to hijack your post and turn it on its head!, but does anyone know if 1.9 calipers and disc's will fit straight on to 1.6 hubs?

1.9 calipers fit 1.6 hubs if you use 1.6 disks.