• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pa402

Veering To Left Under Acceleration

pa402

Recently I noticed that my 1.9 gti has started to pull to the left under acceleration.

Less noticeable, (but still does it) at 30mph, but at motorway speeds as soon as you put your foot to the floor, it veers quite violently to the left, and then back to the right once you lift off. And obviously feels dreadful to drive.

So where do I start to look as it doesn't sound like the tracking to me. Tyre pressures both ok.

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Anthony

Pulling one way under power, and the other when you let off is a classic sign of failing wishbone bushes.

The bushes used on pattern wishbones in particular seem to often fail in a very short timespan - genuine Peugeot replacement bushes tend to last well though.

mikeygulley

Pulling one way under power, and the other when you let off is a classic sign of failing wishbone bushes.

The bushes used on pattern wishbones in particular seem to often fail in a very short timespan - genuine Peugeot replacement bushes tend to last well though.

I agree, my wishbones used to fail very frequently with the same veering off problem.

M@tt

go to your local peugeot dealer and order a set of genuine replacement bushes

Partnumber 3599 07

to replace them you'll need

blowtorch (burn the old ones out, it only takes mintues)

Hacksaw (to cut through reamining outer sleeve of old bush that will be left in wishbone)

hammer & punch ( to drive out the old sleeves out once you've cut them)

vice (press new bushes in)

also before you do it it might be worht which checking the condition of the balljoint on the wishbone before ordering new bushes incase its really sloppy as well in which case you're best of just ordering a new wishbone as the ball joints arent replaceable. Make sure you get a Motoaquip wishboone though if you do.

pa402

Cheers guys

Will take a look at somepoint.

Well passenger wishbone has never been replaced and the drivers one over 5 years ago so i'm thinking ill probably replace the whole thing.

How much am I looking at for one of those wishbones compared to just the bushes?

Paul

Henry Yorke

Non genuine bushes are just crap. Poly bushes are not that good either. Just get genuine one from the dealer and even if you get aftermarket wishbones, I would recommend swapping the bushes over in those before you fit them

McDude

M@tt hit the nail on the head - Motaquip bones for the win. Genuine parts at a fraction of the price, I paid ~£40 a bone and two years on and 12k miles they are still tight as a drum.

I have a set of genuine bushes, unused if you'd like a set, but I wouldn't bother if I were you.

james_ix

I had the same issue on a Landrover Discovery,.exaclty as you describe it on the motorway. Landrover changed the bushes and the problem was solved