• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
backroadpug

Car Skipping Around Corners

backroadpug

Hi all I have a set of avo coil overs with custom 400lb springs that was fitted to my MI16 and as the car is having yet another engine re build I decided to steel them for my rallye.

With the coil overs fitted at there lowest setting the arches sit about 2.5inches from the tyres wich is higher than my konis with 50mm springs

Also if i take a corner at speed the front end wants to skip round it rather than dig in.

Would this just be due to the Rallye being to light to compress the springs as the MI drove perfect with them on.

Cheers Richard

welshpug

sounds like a possible massive imbalance front to rear, as well as the wrong damping for the spring rate.

400 lb is quite epic for road driving, PTS tarmac rally spec back in the day was only 225lb!

j_turnell

Front spring rate is far to high for road use imo so this will more than likely be the problem!

Henry Yorke

May as well weld up the shocker and bin the springs with that poundage! the Rallye doesn't have as stiffer subframe as the GTI either so that will impact. I found my XS really benefited from a top strut brace

backroadpug

cheers guys think the standerd avo springs will be going back on fingers crossed it will sort it out.

Paul_13

You might find the standard springs may be coil bound when compressed, I had this problem with my avos

backroadpug

You might find the standard springs may be coil bound when compressed, I had this problem with my avos

This must be a common fault as the standard avo springs have defenatly been coil bound at some point, but fingers crossed with the rallye weighing as much as a packet of crisps they might not.