• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daviewonder

Hubcentric Spacer Stud Length

Daviewonder

Hi All

I've bought some unused second hand hubcentric spacers ment for a 206. When I was checking them on the car earlier with my 1.9 wheels I noticed that there's not a great deal of stud sticking through the wheel for me to screw the nuts onto, only about 12mm. How much is regarded as safe? Also does anyone know if the centres of 206 alloy wheels were shallower allowing more of the stud to stick through?

Any ideas guys?

:unsure:

Henry Yorke

It was often dependent on the bolt too. Spacers are often designed for aftermarket wheels and the 60 degree taper nuts that go on, so the threads would be deeper than a flat faced bolt. I couldn't comment on what is deemed as safe and not. someone like Tom Fenton knows all about steel strengths, torque and thread pitch etc.

Daviewonder

Cheers Henry, anyone else have any idea?

pug_ham

If you put a wheel bolt through a standard fitment rim, iirc there is only about 10-15mm sticking through & threading into the hub iirc so if the taper seat nut has thread over halfway through it should be OK although its nice to have more with the stud at least flush with the end of the nut imo.

Graham.

large

General rule is one and a half times the thread diameter. So on a M12 thread you would want 18mm of thread going into the nut.

Daviewonder

If you put a wheel bolt through a standard fitment rim, iirc there is only about 10-15mm sticking through & threading into the hub iirc so if the taper seat nut has thread over halfway through it should be OK although its nice to have more with the stud at least flush with the end of the nut imo.

Graham.

I won't be using taper seat nuts as I'm using my 1.9 wheels, Hope to be getting some flat faced nuts soon Graham ;):ph34r:

General rule is one and a half times the thread diameter. So on a M12 thread you would want 18mm of thread going into the nut.

Ah ok, thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be investing in some longer studs then.