• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smithy

Heater Issue

smithy

I definately know the control board for fan is knackered as when turning dial there is no change in resistance between input and output unless i push the dial in,also the fan works as and when it feels like it probably with vibrations.

I have got the control panel out waiting for a replacement off BAZ

however today i noticed the fan is running still on about half speed how can this be when there is no control panel fitted?not had chance to have a good look today as it is pouring down but anyone come across this before

flipperthebushkangaroo

Hello smithy,

If you don't mind me asking how did you get the heater control out of the dash as you probably saw on my post yesterday i'm trying to get mine out too.

Thanks

Roddie

smithy

they look like a sod to remove normally as even when the upper dash section and centre switch surround piece are off it does not look like it comes out.

On mine it would appear to have been out at some point previously as someone has cut the piece of dash section that restricts the movement of panel,it is cut just below the spire clips so when the lower 3 phillips screws are removed the panel can be manipulated out.

if that dont make any sense pm me you email and i will email a piccy tomorrow showing where it has been cut.

JRL

For me rather than replace the hole heater dial I fitted just the circuit board (also from BAZ) leaving the dash alone its held in with a couple of clips above and below.