• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mikeygulley

Clunk!?

mikeygulley

Hi Guys,

I am getting a clunk coming from the drivers side front which happens when I gradually brake, brake suddenly, accelerate or go over bumps (in gear and coasting). I changed the bottom arms this weekend on both sides and removed the drivers side hub to replace it but there was nothing wrong with it so I gave it a clean and put it back together, I have also put a new long drive shaft on a while ago before I did the GTI6 conversion. The car has been fine up until yesterday. It isn't continuous it just clunks once so this has steered me away from the drive shaft.

Oh and the car seems to be pulling to the right now aswell.

I also ventured up to the workshop at 7am this morning and checked everything was tight and all seemed OK.

Any comments would be great.

Cheers,

Mike

S@m

Anti Roll bar droplinks? Ovalled hub? Or maybe one of the wishbone bolts is loose? I had a clunk, just like what you describe, on my 306 when i neglected to tighten one of the wishbone bolts probably, it was the front one if i recall. Either way, thats some ideas.

Sam

luggy

Have you changed the strut top mount bearings for the drivers side?

mikeygulley
Have you changed the strut top mount bearings for the drivers side?

Yea I did that a while ago but it turned out to be the bottom arm. No more clunking! :lol: