• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
james306

306 Struts On A 205?

james306

As per title, I have the coilovers from my 306 HDI sat in the garage, and one of the options is to put them on the 205.

Will they fit or is the hub assembly/top mount a different size?

Baz

They'll fit with the 205 top mounts fitted, and the drop link tag will be in a slightly different place but it's do-able.

Rich_p

I fitted a coilover that we believe was for a 306 (the bracket was defininately in a different place to a 205/309 one)and the arb bracket wore a groove in the sidewall of the tire.

If you do fit them it will be worth checking the clearance.

james306

TBH it was only a thought, i'm not incredibly keen on moving away from the standard shocks, but I have a phantom knocking and thought this could be an easy fix as I have them laying around anyway!

If the ARB is going to give me issues I would rather replace with standard for the time being.

Wes

i have got 306 bilsteins on my no problems. they are not coilovers though. just turn the droplinks around and put the nut on the other side, you will see what i mean when you look at it.