• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lucas_lfc

1.6 Front Discs

lucas_lfc

Just a few quick nooby questions, car failed mot today because discs are corroded at front, but they were still worked, so am buying a new pair. Are they ventilated discs or solid? and would i be best buying pads too? and anyone recommend any?

cheers

Anthony

247mm vented, and they're specific to 1.6 GTi models (XU5JA) - they are not the same as 1.9 GTi vented disks (that are common on various PSA cars)

Matt205

If you've gone to the effort of changing the discs then you might as well change the pads, assuming they haven't recently been done. The pads are inexpensive.

lucas_lfc

cheers for the quick repies, have seen them on ebay there. whats grooved discs, they any better?

pugpete1108

i have a set of grooved and drilled 1.6gti disks here with very little use if you are interested?

grooved means the faces have grooves machined into them to stop dust build up and aid cooling. supposedly better performance?

lucas_lfc

thanks but i already purchased set. had a wee search there, babout grooved etc and just decided to get normal discs as it only for road use

cheers tho