• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy F

Mot And Brake Line

Andy F

Hi everyone

I am currently routing my brake lines. I have fully braided hoses made up by Earls motorsport. I have the fronts clipped is basically the same place as the original rubber/copper combo would be.

I am currently trying to route the rear. I was debating going through the boot floor straight to the calipers. As its a track car only a spare wheel will be fitted in the boot.

I wondered if anyone knows what the mot actually requires. Do they just have to be secure and able to move with the wheels?

Thanks

welshpug

I dont think going from the boot floor to the brake caliper directly will work due to the proximity of the chassis rail to the caliper on full compression, as well as how far the wheel moves on full extension.

You'd need to follow the trailing arm as the original lines do which is easy enough.

T piece in the rear seat well, then out to two bulkhead fittings above each damper lower bolt them around and down the trailing arm, easiest way IMO is to use solid line down the arms all the way from the bracket on the lower damper bolt to the caliper as the 306+xsara came from the factory.

pug_ham

If you're following the original lines I wouldn't use braided hoses at the caliper end just solid copper lines straight into the caliper ala 306's etc like Mei mentions above.

This is how I have my 205 piped in & its fine plus there is one less flexi to fail & two less joins in the system to rust up.

Graham.

shalmaneser
If you're following the original lines I wouldn't use braided hoses at the caliper end just solid copper lines straight into the caliper ala 306's etc like Mei mentions above.

This is how I have my 205 piped in & its fine plus there is one less flexi to fail & two less joins in the system to rust up.

Graham.

This.

Makes much more sense, it's how ive done mine.