• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ORB

Paint Estimate

ORB

Well, I am looking for an idea as to what I should be setting aside to pay my man!

The story is, I know a VERY VERY VERY good painter who is just fookin excelent. I have been mates with him all through my time in the trade and I have given him many jobs over the years. He is the only guy I would let paint my personal cars and the time has come that I need his services.

I want my 205 good enough that is is looked upon as MINT. It is currently in good order by there is laquer damage to the roof and some crappy bits over the car.

I require him to basicly repair the minor dings (I have had the dent man over it but there are a couple he could not get to) and there are a couple of deeper scratches. I intend to remove the body kit and bumpers and give him the car to go over in the same colour (P3XY Black)

The issue I have is, he wants to look after me, and he wont quote me! he just says he will look after me! As a rule, he is not cheap, but he is not main dealer dear either!

What money do you think I should be prepared to pay the man? What is a standard blow over likely to cost?

I am not sure as I cant give him the work and then be hit with a bill I cant afford!

EdCherry

At the end of the day, if you want the best you need to pay what he wants for the best. Hard if hes not quoting but just be blunt. Say you've got X amount of money, will it be the best job he can ever do for that? if not just keep going up until it is!

Get what you pay for at the end of the day, I know i've been stung once or twice before!

ORB

I agree with all you say Ed, my worry is (he has done it to me before) that the job gets done and he refuses payment. I will not be happy that way!

EdCherry

Well, you stick a wad of cash in his car without him realising, with a little note in. All sorted! Just give it to him indirectly.

GLPoomobile

Nightmare. I'd be gutted if somebody resprayed mine for free :lol:

toddydal

im doing my mates now for free but he is a mechanic and he does things for me free so i dont mind,

stu8v

I would estimate your looking at £300ish just in materials alone.