• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
4ll5op

Original Head Unit

4ll5op

i have recently installed an original 205 gti stereo but think i need the security code doing as the stereo wont respond but i can hear a radio station is this normal? nothing works except volume,bass,treble,fade and balance but with the volume up all the way i cant hear the stereo once i start my car is this because i have powerful speakers and not the original ones

please help

thank you

boldy205

I wouldnt think it was because you need a code, as without the code you most likely wouldnt get any sound.

Try swapping the head unit for a known good one.

I doubt its because you have uprated speakers.

Matt

4ll5op

cheers for the reply mate i sorted it this mornin on the way to work i had some instructions for the stereo when i bought the car so i dug those out and it says to hold down the band button to clear wrong security code attempt then try again so to make sure it had cleared i pressed 1 four times and to my delight that was the security code although not very secure.

another thing if i wire up a head unit in the glovebox is there a way i can just have the lights come on on my original head unit?

Obey_R

You can just splice into the power, earth and ignition leads from the new headunit. It will then come on and off with the ignition, you can set it to certain stations (for the display) but there won't be any sound.

It's really just a case of splicing into the right wires.

4ll5op

Ok cheers the sound will be coming out of the stereo in the glovebox anyway mate i just wanted the original headunit to light up like an xmas tree are there any disadvantages of having 2 headunits wired up eg using too much power?

Cheers