• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jake_GTI

Saint Gobain Sunroof

Jake_GTI

does anyone know of anywhere in the south that would be able to fix/replace my saint gobain pop-up style sunroof as mine leaks and the glass is bowed from where someone has tried to seal it up and done a pretty poo job!

i asked just gti's in broadbridge heath a while ago but they said they wouldnt touch it :(

allye

Do it yourself? Take it apart, give it a bloody good clean, replace some seals. The glass is fairly easy to get hold of. With the one in the rallye all it need was the seal given a good clean with some warm water, loads of crap came off.

Daviewonder

Just search the scrappy for a larger sunroof and fit that. Or fit a standard slide type from another 205?

Miles

Try a Windscreen place, they used to install them years ago but demand these days is almost zero so I would guess they would order it in, Cost wise last time I knew was around £250.00

Henry Yorke

Saint Gobain are just a glass company and would not make the sunroofs themselves. They would supply it to Webasto etc. Glass cannot bow without snapping and will always return to its original form so you should be able to fix it yourself with the appropriate seals.

Jake_GTI

I think that the water is actually coming in from under the frame on the roof, tried to tighten up all the screws inside to pull it all together but didn't really make much difference! What seals would I need for this type of sunroof?

Rob Turbo

If it's leaking between the roof and the frame, remove the frame, clean both the roof and the frame, then run some tiger seal around the edge and refit.

Edited by Rob Turbo