• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
omega

Ovaled Hub Is This The Fix?

omega

check out this ebay item 270681919625[sorry cant do links] might help solve your proplems.

ps its nothing to do with me just thought it might help some people out.

i

SurGie

HERE

Links are easy mate, click the + on the top of the post page then a link tab should come up, delete the http the copy the top part of the page you want to link then paste it into the link tab and click 'ok' the put in what you want to call the link then click 'ok', ok ?

Tom Fenton

I would say that the problem to Joe average still remains, anyone who has access to machines can make a sleeve themselves, the more difficult part is boring the existing hub out. But pay a machine shop to do it and you are well into the cost of taking a chance with a second hand hub. I've recently acquired a milling machine so in the course of time i'm going to make a jig to bore and sleeve these hubs, I've half a dozen knackered ones myself to do.

marksorrento205
I would say that the problem to Joe average still remains, anyone who has access to machines can make a sleeve themselves, the more difficult part is boring the existing hub out. But pay a machine shop to do it and you are well into the cost of taking a chance with a second hand hub. I've recently acquired a milling machine so in the course of time i'm going to make a jig to bore and sleeve these hubs, I've half a dozen knackered ones myself to do.

Ideal :o Are you going to try boring and sleeving where the damper attaches to the hub to increase - camber? Thinking of gti6 hubs thats all.

pug_ham

Hmm, someone has used (stolen? ) my idea but at a hiked price or only half the job.

I paid £20 for the hub machining & the sleeve per hub making.

The only problem I can see with this is if the hub gap is closed up so the faces are almost touching its no good because it still won't clamp things properly.

Graham.